Indian Fire Rash

A rash is a skin condition which can either be allergic or infective. Indian fire rash or impetigo is a transmittable, contagious skin infection that affects children as well as adults. It can be seen in the form of red ulcers varying in severity and specifically on the nose, on the face and around the mouth as well. It is majorly caused due to bacterial infection that gets into the body either through cuts, scratches, wounds or also due to an insect bite. It can also occur without these reasons as well.

Sponsored link

Forms of Indian fire rash

  • One of the most common forms is called impetigo contagiosa and can be recognized by the presence of redness and sores on the face and other parts around it. There may also be accumulation of pus and other fluids such as blood that are equally dangerous and increase the chances of transmitting the infection. It is itchy as well as painful. Such accumulation later forms a crust which when removed, leaves a red spot that heals on its own without usually leaving a scar. Sometimes one might also experience fever and sore throat.
  • Ecthyma is another form of this condition and penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin developing abscess and other fluids causing infection such as ulcers. Once healed it leaves scars and spots unlike impetigo contagiosa.
  • Another form of rash is the bullous impetigo which is more commonly witnessed amongst the children, especially the ones below 3 to 4 years of age. The blisters may be filled with pus and can be seen around areas such as legs and arms. The affected area could be red and itchy and blisters can vary in size.

Causes

  • The most common reason is Bacterial infections. Bacteria are generally a normal part of the skin and other parts of the body and are usually harmless. However when there is a lesion i.e. when the bacterium penetrates into the internals of the body through cut marks or bruises then the bacterium becomes dangerous causing skin problems like this.
  • Among adults, the main cause of the infection could be the coming of bacteria through some trauma.
  • Insect bite is very prevalent among children causing Indian fire rash. In case of children one must be more careful considering the disease is communicable and close physical contact can be seen as a secondary cause of contracting the disease.
  • Often we share items with people we are close to such as clothes, sheets or towels. However if such is the case when the either one is affected with any skin infection then sharing such items must be avoided.
  • Streptococcus pyogenes and aureus are the two main bacteria causing Indian fire rash. However both of them are not dangerous as long as they are on the skin and not enter inside the body through a cut or injury.
  • The bacteria responsible for the rash contains toxins that harms the proteins which keeps the skin cells intact which further promotes the spread of the causative bacteria.
  • Even though any age group is vulnerable to developing but its most common among the children especially in the age group from 2 to 6 years of age as their skin is not completely developed and they lack immunity.

Symptoms

The symptoms are usually similar but can sometimes vary depending upon the age and other circumstances such as surroundings. Symptoms such as abscess filled sores, itching and pain are most common ones. The blisters can also be painless but can also release fluid and pus which may also cause ulceration.

Sponsored link

Treatment

Although the symptoms could be severe but the complications are rare and do not need medical or surgical intervention. The rash mostly heals on its own in three to four weeks, but in case of any complications one must seek medical care. Over the counter drugs and antibiotics could also be taken to treat the rashes. It is also important to maintain good personal hygiene and keep the surroundings also clean and dry.

Applying vinegar on the affected area could also be useful. The ointments should be applied only when the affected area is absolutely clean and dry. In order to dry it; also it is very important to do it properly and gently to avoid further accumulation of microorganisms. Prevention as is said is better than cure. It also saves a lot of time and money. Most important preventive measure is not to maintain any physical contact with the affected person since the disease is highly communicable. Although it is usually safe to take over the counter drugs such as antibiotics and ointments it is at the same time very important to consider one’s prior medical conditions in order to avoid any kind of reaction or side effects.

Indian Rash Pictures

indian fire rash pictures  indian fire rash impetigo  indian fire rash photo indian fire rash

Sponsored link

About the Author

Leave a Reply




If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a Gravatar.